Patients coming from other cities and other countries should follow some recommendations:
– In the first contact by e-mail we ask to specify the type of surgery, pictures are highly recommended, always detailing the region of interest.
– Before coming to Rio de Janeiro, patients must send tests results requested by the surgeon.
– A query is essential before surgery.
– To avoid the risk of thrombosis patients who are on flights lasting more than 4 hours must wait 48 hours before undergoing the procedure.
– Every surgery has its specific time of recovery that must be respected, the anticipated return of the patient to his city may compromise the quality of surgical work.
– A team specializing in post-operative care can be hired to monitor the patient.
Patients coming from other countries must be informed by the Consulate of Brazil about the requirement of a visa for each country.
A list of hotels in Rio de Janeiro can be found on the website booking.com